- You can read our program reviews there as well as an interview with an alumna. She was asked why she did you decide to study abroad with AIFS at the University of Limerick? Caroline: “Ireland has always been a fascination to me. I wanted to know about the people, their lifestyles and why they had so much pride to be Irish. I had heard that my ancestors were Irish and came over to Ellis Island. I could not think of a better place to study Irish folklore, Irish Literature, because I am an English major, and my heritage. AIFS offered all the classes I wanted and an opportunity to live on campus and feel what it is like to be a student at the University of Limerick. I had always wanted to study abroad and I think affiliate programs connected to your college are great ways to get involved and meet new people.” Read the rest of her interview here
- Ireland is one of the best places to go if you have a major that makes it a little harder to study abroad. We have had students study psychology, nursing, engineering and much more in Ireland. All of the courses at UL are open to you and you will interact with Irish students which makes for a great study abroad experience.
- Did you know the University of Limerick was voted the best student experience by international students? Read more.
- We just got this week’s newsletter from Limerick and thought we would share what’s going on this month to inspire you to go abroad!
Clubs and Societies – One of the best things about studying in Ireland is meeting and interacting with Irish students. At UL, you can participate in any of the groups on campus, from dance, to debate to trampoline.
St. Patrick’s Day – Limerick’s St. Patrick’s Festival will have a giant St. Patrick’s Day parade on Sunday. The theme of this year’s festival is ‘Saints and Scholars’ and will include a ‘Parade of Patricks’ with hundreds of people dressing up as St Patrick in an attempt to break the record for the most St Patricks in one place!
Charity Week – Charity week takes place at college campuses all over Ireland, with concerts, fundraising initiatives and fun events dedicated to raising as much money possible. What better way to get involved than interacting with UL students and raising money for local charities?
- Thinking of going to Ireland? Read more on our website,
- Check out Lonely Planet’s Ireland board on pinterest for travel inspiration.