So this is first blog before my trip to Chile. I have six days before I fly to Chile and I decided that I wanted to give my readers a little bit of insight about myself and how I feel about this experience.
1) I have never studied abroad or been out of the United States except Canada, but my family was just passing through.
2) I am a junior at Coker College. I am majoring in Spanish and minoring in Communication and Theater
3) I attend Coker in the USA but while I am in Chile I will be attending Universidad Adolfo Ibañez (UAI) in Viña del Mar
4) I only speak English. I have been studying Spanish, but it hasn’t really been completely clicking for me so it is my goal that this trip will force me to really understand the language
5) I do not really have any fears about going abroad honestly. I just see it as an adventure. A journey to help me decide who I am and what I want to be.
6) Well I am African American, on paper, but race is not really a big deal for me. So going to a place where there aren’t many other people of my race will be different for me, but not scary or anything.
7) I personally believe that everything happens for a reason so I guess that you could say that I am a strong believer in destiny.
And last but not least:
8) What I hope to gain from this experience is knowledge of the Chilean culture and the Spanish language. I also, hope to make life long friends and connections.