Calling all recent alums! We are looking for our next round of Alumni Ambassadors. You are eligible if you did an AIFS program for:
- summer 2013
- fall 2013
- J-term 2014
- spring 2014
As alumni, you are very important to us as we look to improve and expand our study abroad programs. We are interested in what your study abroad experience meant to you and how it has impacted your academic and career pursuits.
The purpose of the AIFS Alumni Ambassador program is to provide enthusiastic alumni with the opportunity to share their study abroad experience with others and become more involved with AIFS. The application deadline is June 6, 2014.
- Must be a full-time student at a U.S. college or university graduating May 2015 or later
- In good academic standing
- AIFS Alum
- Outgoing and excited about sharing your experience with students and faculty
- Financially cleared by AIFS
- Endorsement of your study abroad office
- Able to attend the training from August 4-6, 2014, in Stamford, CT – your travel expenses will be paid by AIFS
- Must provide a copy of résumé
- Become familiar with AIFS programs
- Attend the AIFS Alumni Ambassador training from August 4-6 in Stamford, Connecticut – your travel expenses will be paid by AIFS
- Dedicate at least 10 hours per month to completing designated activities
- Meet with the AIFS Regional Director when he/she is on your home campus
- Be in contact with and report to the AIFS Regional Director on a monthly basis to report on the completion of activities
- Assist interested students and AIFS applicants on your campus
- A favorite photo from your AIFS Program
- $500 travel voucher upon completion of the program
- Exceptional performance will be recognized with an opportunity to attend NAFSA Advocacy Day in Washington D.C.
- Résumé review and letter of recommendation
- Expenses-paid training in Stamford, Connecticut
- Promote study abroad and international education on your campus
So what are you waiting for? Help other students change the way they see the world! Read more here or start the application here. Questions? Contact Angela Manginelli, Director of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.399.5580.