Last Updated on December 17, 2018 by Cat Rogliano
Seven days until departure! In anticipation, I have decided to compile a few lists in order to make my pre-travel plans seem more organized.
Things I’m Excited For
- Food. I’ve only heard good things about Turkish cuisine and Turkish Delight! (A.k.a. “lokum”)
- Meeting people from all over the world
- Seeing the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque
- Adventuring through Cappadocia
- A psychology class and a film studies class
- Immersing myself in a culture that is completely foreign to me
- Spending the first day touring Athens, Greece
Things I’m Nervous About
- How long is the flight again?
- Struggling to communicate via pocket dictionary
Things I Need To Do While in Turkey
- Visit the Grand Bazaar and bargain for something
- Pamukkale Thermal Pools
- Swim in Bogaziçi’s outdoor pool overlooking the Bosphorus
- Visit Troy and Ankara, the capital of Turkey
I don’t think I’ve ever been so nervous and excited at the same time before, but I think pre-travel stress is good. Also, I’ve already learned that if you search images or articles about Turkey you always have to add “country” at the end or you’ll get a bunch of pictures of Thanksgiving Dinner!
“Elveda” for now! (I hope that means goodbye)