AIFS offers a wide range of program options for students interested in studying in Paris. With two different schools, courses in French and English, and program lengths ranging from 3 weeks to 4 months, we have something for everyone. Our Paris programs allow students the flexibility to focus either on French language, electives, or a mix of both.
And one of the many benefits of an AIFS program is the optional and included travel excursions. During the summer and semester, trips include London (with our flight package), Normandy, Brittany, and the Loire Valley. Even the 3-week J-Term program offers a trip to Versailles and the Champagne Region.
University of Paris IV, Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne
- Available for the academic year, fall semester, fall quarter, spring semester, and summer.
- The Sorbonne has a strong focus on French language studies and students take French language each morning.
- Elective courses may include art history, cultural studies, economics, fashion, film studies, fine arts, history, literature, music, political science, or sociology depending on the term
- Students studying abroad in the fall can opt for a quarter or semester
- Fall quarter and spring semester students can opt for an “Early Start” program in Cannes to take French language
Catholic University of Paris, Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises (ILCF)
- Available for the academic year, fall semester, spring semester, J-Term and summer
- Students who opt for the ILCF program for a year/semester and place at the advanced French language level have the option of taking more electives
- Elective courses include art history, cultural studies, economics, fashion, film studies, fine arts, history, literature, music, political science, or sociology depending on the term chosen.
And students studying abroad for a year or semester at either the Sorbonne or ILCF can take an additional course at these prestigious institutions:
Académie de Port Royal
- Fine Arts 301 fall/spring (1-4) | Art in Studio (Painting, Sketching, Drawing)
- Music, Ballet, Theater 307 fall/spring (1-4) | Instrument Study, Lyrics, Ballet
Whether it’s a short term or long term program, Paris is an excellent study abroad location for all it has to offer: history, culture, art, music, food and so much more. With so many options, there’s something for everyone.