…when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” Harun Yahya
I can’t believe I am saying this but it’s my last week here in Greece with AIFS. By the time I actually post this, I will probably be back home in New York.
Greek life has taught me so much. It was more than just simple enjoyment that this trip gave me, it honestly gave me the opportunity to learn about myself and life. I grew up knowing one specific culture and religion so being in Greece has greatly expanded my knowledge. I think that the biggest thing I will take away from my study abroad experience is what people from different cultures, living completely different lifestyles have taught me. Some of them seem so foreign and strange while others seem like something I would like to implement into my lifestyle. So first off, I’m grateful to those people.
Another big change is that after over four years of being a vegetarian, I ate meat while in Santorini for the weekend. I feel reborn. Sounds overly dramatic I know, but it’s true.
Speaking of Santorini, I must say that I am confused as to why there are only 7 Wonders of the World. The beauty I witnessed there is indescribable.
- If you are thinking of visiting Santorini sometime in the future (which y’all should!), here are some thing you just see/do in no particular order:
- ATV around the island
- See the red, white and black beaches
- Watch the sunset at Fira/Oia
- See the castle in Oia (for the most perfect photo ops)
- Buy souvenirs
- Go on volcano and hot spring tour
- Eat.A.Lot.Of.Food. (and don’t feel bad about it)
- Repeatedly put on sunscreen!
Anyways now that I’m somewhat back to reality and finals are coming up in three days, I must leave you at that and try to study without getting distracted. Ciao for now!