AIFS Study Abroad in Barcelona Earned the Title of Top Rated Study Abroad Program of 2019.
Each year, GoAbroad.com ranks study abroad programs based on over 35,000 student reviews. For the second year in a row, the AIFS in Barcelona (UAB) program ranked first out of more than 17,000 programs!
We appreciate the many AIFS students who took the time to share the impact of their study abroad experience, like AIFS in Barcelona alumna Luzmia L.
“I knew that studying abroad would be one of the best decisions of my life. What I didn’t know is that AIFS would also turn out to be one of my best decisions ever,” states Luzmia. “I can’t emphasize enough how my experience would have been completely different had I gone with another provider. I felt safe at every moment and cared for which is all you can really ask when you’re out in a different continent on your own. Choose AIFS!”
Thank you to AIFS students for sharing their experiences and to GoAbroad.com for honoring our organization!
Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain with AIFS
Spend a semester or academic year in the modern and cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, Spain with AIFS. You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester while studying at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Courses are taught in English or Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required.
There are many ways to make an impact within Barcelona’s local community. Once you’re abroad, volunteer opportunities will be available through local NGOs to provide services to people in need within the local community.
Live in a Spanish homestay or, for an additional fee, in a student residence or apartment. Homestay students receive daily breakfast and dinner from the family. Apartment and student residence students will receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of groceries and meals.
Cultural and social activities include:
- Guided tours of Barcelona and its famous landmarks and attractions
- Cooking classes
- Flamenco performances
- Tapas evenings with Spanish students
- 3-day excursion to the Pyrenees
- Day trips to Girona and Besalú, Figueras and the Salvador Dalí Museum and Montserrat and Sitges.
- AIFS organized social/cultural activities, excursions and field trips
- Experienced on-site Resident Director and support staff
- Volunteer opportunities available through a local NGO
- Optional AIFS Flight Package includes round-trip flights, airport transfers and 2-night stopover in London, England
- Earn up to 15 credits from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Want to experience our top rated study abroad program for yourself?
Learn more about studying abroad in Barcelona with AIFS!